Trouble with Web Browser Resolution
If our website appears too small or too large, here are some easy adjustments you can make.
- Press Ctrl and 0 (zero) together to reset to the default web browser display resolution.
- Press Ctrl and + together to zoom in and make the displayed area larger.
- Press Ctrl and - together to zoom out and make the displayed area smaller.
Trouble with SSL Encryption
Our website uses SSL encryption as an important part of safeguarding your personal information. If you regularly install security updates for your web browser, you should have no difficulty with our checkout process. However, there are a few rare situations which can create problems:
- If you use a very old web browser (like IE version 6), you may experience a connection error. To fix this problem, update your web browser to a newer version or else install a recent version a different browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- If your computer clock is not set correctly, you will get an un-trusted website warning with any website which uses https. To cure this problem, set your computer clock to the correct date and then close and re-start your web browser.
Trouble Entering Payment Information
When the time comes to enter payment information, our website transfers to the Math on the Level payment page on the authorize.net or paypal.com website. Normally, this process is very seamless and smooth. However, if your web browser is not up-to-date, you may have trouble when connecting to a payment website (because old browsers use obsolete SSL encryption methods such as SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1.0). The cure is to update your web browser to a newer version or else install and use a recent version of any browser, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Opera. If this is not practical or possible, then contact us and we can process your order over the telephone.